Mark Twain Quote

"Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and an insurrection." Mark Twain, 1879

August 8, 2009

"I'll Be Back!"

My agent, whom I'll call Barbara because that is her name, sent me quite a pissed off email the other day. Apparently she got wind of the fact that I had started a blog. Probably because I sent her an email telling her I had started a blog. She wanted to know how I had time to post DAMN BLOGS YET CAN'T GET HER SOME PAGES OF MY NEXT NOVEL. A bit pissed off, like I said. She also insisted I stopped blogging immediately and get back to work on Novel#2. Well, I'm not going to stop blogging because it is therapeutic, I like it, and apparently lots of others do as well. What I have decided is that before I post any blog I must put in some work on Novel#2. Whether it be a minimum number of words or pages or hours, I'll decide. Considering how much I do like this blogging business, I think this plan may be a good form of discipline for me.

Now, I also realize that a parenting blog should include pics of the kiddies. Unfortunately, my digital camera is broken or missing a vital part. I'm not sure which and I can't afford to find out. So until money falls from the sky my dear bloggyland friends, you will have to make due with crappy pics from my cell phone and old pictures from my photobucket account from when my digital camera was operational. Here for your amusement is a set of my favorites.

To set the scene: The babies were about 7 months old at the time. LaLa could pull himself to a standing position but could not properly crawl. He had, however, been doing the army crawl since he was 4 months old and that little booger could MOVE. One day I am sitting on the floor changing Diva's poopy diaper when out of the corner of my eye, I see LaLa's big 'ole head coming through the second level of a little bookshelf which sat next to my rocker/recliner/bed/dining table. A good mom would hurry over and grab the baby before he hit the floor head first. Not I. I ran for the camera then returned and got him to do it again. This is what I caught.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Doh!

Wanna See Me Do That Again?

Cute little bugger, no? And so darn proud of himself.

4 comments:

  1. They do love accomplishing things, even when it hurts. I suppose we adults should learn from this. All accomplishments are meant to be celebrated, stupid, useless, painful and all.

    Good luck on that novel. I, too, have finally bought your book. I take it it's not coming out in paperback? I'd offer you babysitting, but I'm a bit far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... that face.. I can picture him in 14 years, and you are going to be fighting off the teenage girls with a taser :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No paperback yet. Two years plus and still in hardcover. That's success for 'ya. Happy Reading.

    btw, I am already fighting girls off theat boy. Its the curly brown hair and blue-green eyes. Genetics - what a crapshoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, what a cutie!!!! I cant wait to see more pictures. =) Good luck on the novel, I hope it starts to come together quickly, I wouldnt want to go without see any posts on the blog!

    ReplyDelete